Norwich Area Pubs
The Geographical Scope
3. Exclusions : 4. Inclusions : 5. The Divisions
1. : General
A radius of four miles from
has been chosen to represent Greater Norwich.
[ Photo courtesy of
This broad, but simplistic, decision has had the following
impacts : both negative and - surprisingly - positive.
2. : Old Costessey
This village has received special treatment.
Although nearly all of it falls within the radius, two
slightly more distant pubs are included - for completeness.
3. : Exclusions
- South-West : Bawburgh, Little Melton
& Hethersett all excluded;
along with Easton & Marlingford.
- West : Royal Nfk. Showground &
Nfk. Retail Park are both excluded.
- North-West : none of Taverham or
Thorpe Marriot is included
- North-East : Rackheath &
New Rackheath are both excluded.
But see Salhouse Road.
- East : Great Plumstead & Postwick
4. : Inclusions
The generous 4-mile radius, however, includes
many far-flung suburbs; some quite recently built,
but with a total lack* of public house provision.
 But there are pubs/hotels in the
- West : Bowthorpe is included (4 pubs).
- North-West : a (modern) bit of Drayton*
- North : a tiny part of modern Spixworth*
- East : Thorpe End* & Dussindale* 
- South-East : Kirby Bedon (one pub)
- South : Caistor St. Edmund, Dunston
(one hotel) and Keswick.
"business parks" -
(St. Andrew's & Broadland).
5. : The Divisions
The circular area chosen to represent Greater Norwich
has been subdivided into 6 sub-areas. These are
termed 'divisions' and are
listed in detail elsewhere.
: Norwich Area Pubs